HEALTH & WELLNESS PROGRAMMING
COMMUNITY BASED ADULT SERVICES (CBAS) and Adult Day Programs (ADP). The CBAS/ADP program is our most extensive medical care program, offered to adults who need help with daily living, managing medications, and taking care of themselves or those who may be at risk for admission to skilled nursing facilities or full-time care at home. NVC is accepting applications and referral enrollments from IEHP, Kaiser, and Borrego Health during the COVID-19 pandemic, however, we are not offering in-person services during this time period. Clients must be over 18 years of age and have chronic, debilitating medical, cognitive or behavioral conditions to participate.
The programs include nursing, social work, exercise programs, activities and lunch. Each individual’s care plan is customized to maximize health and well-being. A typical individualized care plan may include:
- Medical, Pharmaceutical and Nursing Services, providing ongoing monitoring and care by a registered nurse who works with your physician, and assisting with medication management
- Social Service and Mental Health Services, group and individual counseling as well as case management with referrals to community services as needed, establishing individual and group services provided by both Psychologists and Counselors
- Occupational Therapy, assisting to maintain functional activities of daily life. Occupational therapists are skilled with advanced rehabilitation training which assist in recouping strength and confidence to accomplish numerous physical tasks
- Adaptive Exercise, building on individuals personal goals of physical fitness, and challenging participants to the next level of achievement toward an improved quality of life.
- Physical Therapy, encouraging the maintenance of a level of fitness appropriate for better health. Physical therapists possess advanced rehabilitation training which assists in regaining strength and confidence while performing physical tasks
- Speech Therapy, provided as needed to improve communication and swallowing skills. Speech therapists can also assist in cultivating language skills, memory, and the ability to swallow
- Nutritional Services, ensuring proper food habits and weight control. Our professional chef provides a daily meal with a focus on heart-healthy, low-fat and low-salt menus
- Transportation and meals are provided for CBAS clients, along with activities at the center.
Community Based Adult Services (CBAS) program goal
To restore or maintain optimal capacity for self-care to older adults or adults with disabilities, and delay or prevent inappropriate or personally undesirable institutionalization.
Eligibility for this program includes client symptoms that may include: a medical condition that required treatment or rehabilitative services by a physician, a mental or physical impairment that handicaps daily activities but does not require 24-hour institutional care, a reasonable expectation that preventive services will maintain or improve current functionality and high potential for further deterioration and probable institutionalization if CBAS were not available. Covered under Medi-Cal and available for private pay. This extensive program also includes nutritional services and meal delivery during COVID-19.
Adult Day Programming (ADP) program goal. (Application)
To restore or maintain optimal capacity for self-care to older adults or adults with disabilities, and delay or prevent inappropriate or personally undesirable institutionalization. In addition, this program offers some respite care for the family care giver, while delivering targeted programming to the adult client.
ADP fee for services program. Additional fees may be assessed dependent upon particular care requirements. Fee schedules will be discussed in full upon completion of evaluations of each individual client. Some of these costs may be covered by long term care plans.