HEALTH & WELLNESS PROGRAMMING
The Neuro Vitality Center offers a comprehensive menu of daily activities designed to help you improve you quality of life. Services are open to anyone over the age of 18 who needs help due to a chronic illness, a disability or a challenge which puts you at risk for loosing your ability to live at home and thrive.
Our services may be covered as part of your insurance plan if you are enrolled in the MediCal Managed Care Plans offered by IEHP, Kaiser or Molina Healthcare. If you have long term care insurance, let us check to see if there is coverage. For everyone else, our services are available on a fee for service basis and we will work with you to make sure you can receive everything you need.
Your individual program may include as much as medical monitoring, social work support, therapeutic programs, activities, and lunch along with transportation to and from the center. Working with the professional teams listed below, each client will develop their own customized plan to maximize well being.
- Medical, Pharmaceutical and Nursing Services, providing ongoing monitoring and care by a registered nurse who works with your physician, and assisting with medication management
- Social Service and Mental Health Services, group and individual counseling as well as case management with referrals to community services as needed, establishing individual and group services provided by both Psychologists and Counselors
- Occupational Therapy, assisting to maintain functional activities of daily life. Occupational therapists are skilled with advanced rehabilitation training which assist in recouping strength and confidence to accomplish numerous physical tasks
- Physical Therapy, encouraging the maintenance of a level of fitness appropriate for better health. Physical therapists possess advanced rehabilitation training which assists in regaining strength and confidence while performing physical tasks
- Speech Therapy, provided as needed to improve communication and swallowing skills. Speech therapists can also assist in cultivating language skills, memory, and the ability to swallow
- Nutritional Services, ensuring proper food habits and weight control. Our professional chef provides a daily meal with a focus on heart-healthy, low-fat and low-salt menus
- Transportation and meals may be provided for clients, along with activities at the center.
Neuro Vitality Center’s goal for you is to restore or maintain optimal capacity for self-care to adults with disabilities, and/or chronic illness and disorders and prevent inappropriate or personally undesirable institutionalization.
Eligibility for this program includes client symptoms that may include: a medical condition that required treatment or rehabilitative services by a physician, a mental or physical impairment that handicaps daily activities but does not require 24-hour institutional care, a reasonable expectation that preventive services will maintain or improve current functionality and high potential for further deterioration and probable institutionalization if NVC were not available. Covered under Medi-Cal and available for private pay, these extensive services include nutritional services and meal delivery during COVID-19.
Application for Services: (Application)
To restore or maintain optimal capacity for self-care to older adults or adults with disabilities, and delay or prevent inappropriate or personally undesirable institutionalization. In addition, these services offer respite care for the family care giver, while the client joins in both group and individual programs and activities.
Fee for services :. Additional fees may be assessed dependent upon particular care requirements. Fee schedules will be discussed in full upon completion of evaluations of each individual client. Some of these costs may be covered by long term care plans.