Community Based Adult Services (CBAS)
The CBAS program is our most extensive medical program, offered to adults who need help with daily living – those who may be at risk for admission to skilled nursing facilities or full-time care at home. Services are open to anyone over the age of 18 who needs help due to a chronic illness, a disability or a challenge which puts you at risk for loosing your ability to live at home and thrive.
Our services may be covered as part of your insurance plan if you are enrolled in the MediCal Managed Care Plans offered by IEHP, Kaiser or Molina Healthcare. If you have long term care insurance, let us check to see if there is coverage. For everyone else, our services are available on a fee for service basis and we will work with you to make sure you can receive everything you need.
Your individual program may include as much as medical monitoring, social work support, therapeutic programs, activities, and lunch along with transportation to and from the center. Working with the professional teams listed below, each client will develop their own customized plan to maximize well being.
- Medical, Pharmaceutical and Nursing Services, providing ongoing monitoring and care by a registered nurse who works with your physician, and assisting with medication management
- Social Service and Mental Health Services, group and individual counseling as well as case management with referrals to community services as needed, establishing individual and group services provided by both Psychologists and Counselors
- Social Activities, group activities are planned throughout the day. These activities focus on memory, hand/eye coordination and social interaction.
- Occupational Therapy, assisting to maintain functional activities of daily life. Occupational therapists are skilled with advanced rehabilitation training which assist in recouping strength and confidence to accomplish numerous physical tasks
- Physical Therapy, encouraging the maintenance of a level of fitness appropriate for better health. Physical therapists possess advanced rehabilitation training which assists in regaining strength and confidence while performing physical tasks
- Speech Therapy, provided as needed to improve communication and swallowing skills. Speech therapists can also assist in cultivating language skills, memory, and the ability to swallow
- Nutritional Services, ensuring proper food habits and weight control. Our professional chef provides a daily meal with a focus on heart-healthy, low-fat and low-salt menus
- Transportation, provided for clients with the Sunline Bus Service Area.
Neuro Vitality Center’s goal for you is to restore or maintain optimal capacity for self-care to adults with disabilities, and/or chronic illness and disorders and prevent inappropriate or personally undesirable institutionalization.
Eligibility for this program consist of client symptoms that may include: a medical condition that required treatment or rehabilitative services by a physician, a mental or physical impairment that handicaps daily activities but does not require 24-hour institutional care, a reasonable expectation that preventive services will maintain or improve current functionality and high potential for further deterioration and probable institutionalization if NVC were not available.
To restore or maintain optimal capacity for self-care to older adults or adults with disabilities, and delay or prevent inappropriate or personally undesirable institutionalization. In addition, these services offer respite care for the family care giver, while the client joins in both group and individual programs and activities.